B1 / B2 Visa for Sister - Stamping

Hi Kumar,
I’ve applied B1/B2 for my sister ( 42 years ) on self sponsor. She is home maker and my in-law works in private firm.
could you please let me know how to meet self sponsor visa document requirements along with my in-law’s Form16. My current status is H!B.

Thanks
Karja

Well, the simplest thing to do is have enough cash in her bank account and carry that letter certified by bank telling that she has funds to cover her expenses for travel. You also need to establish her intent to return back home, after travel…so prepare to answer the questions on strong ties…

Thank you Kumar for your information. Could you please specify how much should she maintain the balance in her account?

There is no specific amount given by US State department. Usually, users can put in anywhere from 15 to 20 thousand USD in bank account as proof of funds…You can also give your invite letter and tell that she will stay with you and give your proof of income as well…

Thank you Kumar, you mean my sister should have balance of INR 10 lakhs ( for self sponsor ).
Am maintaining balance of $15000 in my account and what’s the minimum balance that my sister should have.

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Again, there is no hard fast rule as such, whatever I said is just based on experience…just have enough to cover expenses and so that they can explain to visa officer that it is sufficient…

Hi Kumar,

Regarding DS160, Is the DS160 confirmation is enough or DS160 application also required for Visa interview?
Am trying to access DS160, but it shows only confirmation page. Can I view the application details just for re-verification of the details filled in?

Hi Kumar
and could you please confirm on the Visa Fees Receipt is required for Interview or can we print the same through ustraveldocs.com?