B1/B2 Visa for parents outside home country

Hi All - Can we apply for a B1/B2 visitor visa to US from a different country with Indian passport, I mean can we travel to another country and attend the visa interview at the US consulate there. As we all know, there are no appointments till 2025 in India, I want to know if that is a option for B1/B2?

Please share if anyone has done it.


Yes , you can apply from other country.

I don’t think there’s a restriction on doing so. You can, and the better your reason why, the lesser your chances of a rejection.

I have personally in the past applied for a h1b renewal in Taiwan (am Indian citizen) since I had travelled there on urgent work and my us visa had expired and was not possible for me to book avisa appt in India. The h1b visa was approved. Not only that, but I had an onward flight journey to Japan for further work and the US Consulate in Taipei handed me my passport with the US visa in it within a few hours of my interview!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Can I use the same application from India to schedule parents interview in the other country, or do I have to file a new application altogether. If I have to file a new application, what happens to the application from India

You need to book a new appointment.

You can cancel the booked appointment.