B1/ B2 visa as National Interest Exemption

I have a B1/B2 visa for USA and I wanted to book a flight that has a layover in Newark, it goes from Delhi to Toronto. I wanted to know that can I get a National Interest Exemption to have a transit in USA?

This is slightly tricky…You should write to the consulate to get clarification. If something is not clear, just avoid it as you would again have to explain everything at US airports and it may or may not be easy. Sometimes, not worth the hassle.