Approved H1B visa transfer before stamping

Hi Saurabh,

I have a query regarding H1B visa transfer.

I had initiated H1B visa FY 2013 through a consultancy and got my visa approved. But it is not yet stamped and presently I am in India.

I have original I797 and copy of I129, LCA with me.

Employer is not providing the company tax document.

Is it possible to transfer my visa at this stage to some other company before my visa stamping?

Thanks in advance for your reply.




Yes, this is possible. A new employer can file a cap-exempt petition for you. Once approved, you can appear for stamping through new employer and then travel to work for that employer. You already have 797 from old employer, which is the proof of having made through the cap.