Applying for new H1b whild 221G under admin processing

Hi folks,I came to India in June '16. Got 221G…status is still under admin processing.Meanwhile, I got a full time job with another company in US. They filed my H1B and it has got approved. Now need to go for stamping for my new H1B.I have a question regarding DS-160 form:1) What should I write as my current employer?In DS-160, there is a field for current employer. What should I write there. Should it be my new H1B employer or old H1 company for which i receive 221G? I am not working for any company in India currently.If I say my current employer as my new H1b company, then what should be my previous employer end date?I have few more questions:2) Do I need to carry a letter to the consulate to withdraw the old visa application? What are the documents from the old application that need to be carried along with?3) Does the old H1b employer need to write to USCIS to withdraw the previous H1B petition that was filed for me?Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

  1. Write new employer name. If you are in India from June 16, I don’t believe your old employer still retained you. You can take a relieving letter dated on the RFE response date from your old (H1b with 221g) employer and mark that as end date.

  2. Don’t do that mistake, it is your old employer who should send a withdrawal letter.

  3. They can withdraw or leave that as is. If I were your employer, I would withdraw if you are in US and keep it as is if you are in India.

Thanks for the answers. The company lawyer has suggested me to put ‘not employed’ in the form, as my employment officially starts when I reach US.

I had another question. Can I schedule the interview at any other consulate in India or does it have to be the one where I went earlier when I got the 221G?