Apply for petition and adjust of status

Hello! Could you please advise. I really need to clarify this info for me.

	If I am now suggested by employer to work for him in USA, should the employer and I  in any case wait till April 1, 2014 in order to file a petition? Employer says he needs me to start to work within 6 months from now, he can’t wait more. But as I know H1B visa cap is already reached. Are there any way outs or we should in any case wait till April 1?

	If I were in States now, could I now apply for adjust of status from b1/b2 to h1b? Or because h1b visa cap is reached, my petition would be rejected in any case now and I should wait till April 1 if I want to adjust my status?

Thank you very much in advance!