Adjustment of Status with pending reinstatement

My wife submitted documents for reinstatement due to being out of status for going home due to illness and returned with new 120 and new SEVIS to a new school.Can we apply for adjustment of status for her or do we have to wait until the pending case is resolved?Thank you for your help