Address change after submission of DS-160

Can I change my US address after submitting the DS-160?

You cannot change anything in the form once you have submitted it (you already know that). But if you change your physical address or need to make any correction complete a new form and use that for appointment booking. In case you have already booked appointment bring the corrected and new form to the appointment and they fix two DS160 sticker to your passport. Have done that , did not complicated anything in my case.

Thank you Souvik for the reply

Hi @souvik_gh2005
I am in the similar boat. Will you be able to advise me by any chance, please?
I am planning to get my H1B renewal stamping through Dropbox (I am sure I am eligible for Dropbox) sometime in May/June 2022. However, I do not have my H1B I-797 approved yet, I am guessing it will be approved sometime in March/April 2022. But, I do not want to wait to book an appointment until my I-797 approved because I may not get the dropbox slot at that time for the date/period I am looking for (assuming slots are getting filled fast). So, I am planning to submit DS-160 with the old(current) approved I-797 and then book the dropbox slot with that DS-160 form. After the new I-797 is approved, I would like to submit new DS-160 with new Petition# and take that new DS-160 to dropbox stamping. So, I want to know if a change in DS-160 is okay

Hello @Cheraz_Bharucha
Did the above suggestion work for you?

Hello,
What you are trying here is very logical in current scenario. I would have thought to do the very same way.
When we submit a new ds160 thats what get referred without any linking to the old one. Whatever form you ask them to process they will use.
What I can say here is exclusively from my personal experience, that I personally booked appointment on one form and able use the same appointment in different form without a glitch. But that was 6 years back as well.

Thank you @souvik_gh2005 for the quick response and the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.

Thank you @souvik_gh2005 for the quick response and the detailed explanation. Much appreciated.