About the H1B Visa category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

Hi,
My H1 got approved on last week of May and lawyer got courtesy copy of receipt but we haven’t got i-797A copy yet. How much longer should we wait before contacting USCIS?

I filed for H1 from 2 employers[consultancyA and B] as my full time employer refused to do so.
Both of them got picked.
I received a project via 1 employer [employer A] and started working with them recently.I have filed for PREMIUM processing via employer B and got an RFE.

My stem OPT ends in July and my cap gap has been approved and has my Full time employer’s details on it.
I have these questions:

Can i fill out 2 I983 forms for these 2 employers [A and B]?
Do i need to fill out a new cap gap form for new employer? [A and B]?
Is it legal to work for both A and B employers at same time?

I have the same situation now.
Did you get your copy of receipt ?

1 Like

Hello @DR777, First of all congratulations for your H1 Approval, coming back to your question usually USCIS will send the approval of I797’s via regular mail (USPS) this may take some time from 2 weeks to 3 weeks don’t worry you will get it soon. We at @ELSOFT.CONSULTING wishing you all the best for your future employment in the USA. Take care.

1 Like

Dear TJE,
Being an H1B employee you should only work for 1 employer who runs your payroll. Incase if you want to work for company B. then company B should file a separate H1B application behalf of you but here comes the real tricky part the company B’s H1B must be approved for 20hours a week this is the only way you can work for 2 companies. but personally i suggest you not to risk your carrier, stick to one employer. Takecare.