62% in Psychology enough for studying in U.S ?

I have recently completed my Bachelors degree in Arts. I majored in Psychology and got 62%. I have to say i am very disappointed with it. But will it be enough for me to puruse my Masters degree in U.S with a recpectable institiution ?? Or should i just stop thinkign about going to U.S and studying ?? Please reply.

Well, your admission depends on various factors and not just your percentage. You need to offset your low percentage with high GRE and TOEFL scores. Also, having a compelling Statement of purpose, will help as well.

If you are passionate about higher education in US, then you can position yourself well for admission with good scores and SOP.

I agree with Kumar. Admissions in USA for Higher Ed is a combination of factors, not just your base academic score. Did a particular subject area pull down your score? Evaluation of the split will tell a lot about aptitude. In Psychology, you should score well in formal logic and statistics as these are critical areas of patient - counselor relationship. It does not matter if you scored poorly in English Literature or History of Psychology etc. Be aggressive with your Statement.

Wish you all the best

Sandeep Shankar, Ph.D.

Academic Advisor (India) to The Executive Director

Colorado Heights University

Denver, CO 80223, USA

[www.chu.edu](http://www.chu.edu/); 001-720-212-6504