5 months initial review in WAC!

H1B extension filed in first week of May, still in initial review.

I have seen most people who applied in April or May already got a decision or got an RFE. I signed up for LUD and it shows the receipt date. My I94 already expired. My employer does not want to PP it yet (tells me I have 240 work days for a decision)

Is it possible to apply for another H1B from a different company while this is still pending ? If I want to PP it, when is a good time ? I tried to call uscis myself but only got automated answers…the same info given on the website.

Please suggest.