I’m sharing my situation here and hoping if someone could give me some advise. any help will be highly appreciated!
- I was on H1b from 2010 in USA and came to India due to personal issues in 2017 (I140 approved).
- Last year I had a company file for my H1 transfer and got it approved in November’2020.
- I Attended my H1 visa interview on Feb1st in Mumbai and was sent back saying ’ Presidential Proclamation is in place’ and comeback once it’s lifted.
- Booked another appointment in New Delhi on 12th April 2021 and was issued a 221g white slip (to get a medical checkup done by panel physicians) because I had a DUI 10 years ago in 2011.
- I got it done and submitted reports along with my passport and 797 on 22nd April.
- On 10th June my case status changed to ‘last updated 10th June’ but still no update.
- I’m a consultant working for government client which comes under critical infrastructure.
- I also have a letter from client manager as well.
My question is Can I request the consulate for a NIE in my case and if yes, how can i do it?
Can someone please advise?