Here is what happened.
- First time H1(I797B) issued from Dec’20-March 2022 but issued 221g at in-person interview in Feb’21.
- Visa issued in Jan’22. Got stamped from January’22-March’22 (2 months)
- Came to US and got extension till 2025
- Applied H4 for wife and 2 kids and attended interview at Mumbai
- Issued 221g asking for “Husband’s valid unexpired visa”
My wife clearly explained that I am in US and has valid visa extension till 2025 with I94. But VO asked to submit the valid visa stamp.
- Next day we thought, can submit the passport with supporting letter from employer explaining my valid visa status, current location as US, recent pay slip and bank statement.
- But at the counter, she took only valid I797, 221g letter, expired visa copy and a written letter saying my husband is in US and also she said these docs are enough to issue the visa.
- Unfortunately, they have returned the passports along with the same 221g letter
- Can some one please help me what should i do now. I don’t understand why they are asking for Visa stamp.
- Can I re-submit the passports again with employer letter.
- Is there any limit to submit the passports
- is there any chance to get the application rejected if submit passport with other supporting documents?