10+3 with 5 years experience --------

Hi All

I have completed 10th in 1998 and because of personal problems i didnt pursued education. Later in 2004 i joined in Diploma in ECE and completed it in 2007. Now i have 5 years experience in IT & 2 years experience in BPO. Am i eligible to apply for h1b ? Please suggest me.

Yes, you are eligible. Although H-1B specialty occupation does require you to have at least a Bachelor’s degree of US equivalnce, it is also true that many US technical workers have specialized after their 12th. It is upto your future employer to build your case file in such a way that shows you are the best person to execute the job responsibilities.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu

Also read the following abstract from USCIS website: 

If you do not have at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to your position, then you may qualify by:

Holding an unrestricted state license, registration or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment; or 

Having education, specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation, and having recognition of expertise in the specialty. through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty. In general, 3 years of work experience or training in the field is considered as equivalent to 1 year of college.

Thank you so much sandeep…