Working remotely on H1B - LCA changes

Hi Redbus,

I am on h1b and work location in lca is client office location (Connecticut) valid until april 2021… due to covid i have been working from home (Connecticut). I wanted to move to Texas and my client agreed upon wfh option and file for H1B amendment with texas home adress immediately.Once this new Lca gets approved can i still work from home (Connecticut) as i still have my lease until February 2021 . Thanks for your help

Well, you can stay and work in your current place, as long as your H1B is valid. You would specify the start date for the amendment and then plan accordingly. Talk to your attorney.

Hello,

My company filed my registration for h1-b lottery a week ago (March 19, 2021).

The office locations are Chicago and Madison but I have worked remotely for almost a year now from Iowa on my OPT.

If my h1-b gets picked up, then they will have to file an LCA where they will mention the “intended workplace address”,

from the emails I exchanged with the lawyer she said they could mention my current residential address(Iowa) as my workplace and I would not have to move closer to any office locations.

Which I’ve never seen anyone else do!

So, I want to confirm if this is possible. Since I will have to sign a lease soon for the next term.