Work authorisation for B1 / B2 visa holders


I am an IT Technical Consultant with over 14 years of experience, I am on a B1 / B2 visa.

Whoever I applied to for a job, they are asking for 'are you authorized to work in US", Citizen or GC or H1B

I would like to know the best possible way to work here.

Looking forward for the positive feedback

Kindest Regards

Himayat Khan


Nationality: Indian

International Mobile: +1 518 892 1487

KSA Mobile: +966 508 55 8514

You are authorized to work in the United States with USCIS permission. I suggest answering the question as ‘Yes’ and where possible also state ‘will need employer assistance for related paperwork’. I suggest not blocking your chances for an interview by answering ‘no’. Employment authorization is a human resources matter and many times unrelated to the technical department hiring you. Try not to confuse a technical department with an unrelated challenge. If they like you, they will instruct the human resources to begin appropriate paperwork. All the best

Thanks and appreciate for prompt feedback

And for the positive advice