WHEN CAN I APPLY EARLIEST FOR H1 AFTER COMPLETING 5 YEARS AND RETURNING TO INDIA IN SEPT 2015?

Hi,

I have been working in USA on L1 and will be completing 5 years in October 2015. My company in planning to send me back in Sept 2015 for one year and calling back again as soon as I finish required one year term in India. Their plan is to get me back on L1 just after one year and then converting to H1 after I come back to US. I was wondering as H1 job starts from October if I will be able to apply for H1 directly in April 2015 while in India which will be an exact one year stay in India before I come here. Please suggest.

Also another question is related to GC: In terms of getting GC earlier, Do you think it is better to come back on H1 and then apply for GC or if I get my company to apply for GC now itself (I am in US on L1B till September 2015) and go back to India and then come back on L1 for another five years and hope I will be getting GC within 5 years of time after I return back to US. Thanks.