what is Most Recent VISA

Hi,What to answer for following questionWas your most recent H-1B visa issued in India after January 1, 2008?Reason why i’m asking is,

I’ve VISA stamped in Passport for up to Sep 2015Then i got VISA extended for 7months (which ends/completed on May 2016)Then i got another VISA extended for 3 years (upto 2019 based on I140)Now which one is my recent VISA, the one stamped in the Passport or the one extended for 7 months ?Thanks

They are referring to the visa stamped in the passport. The 797 document you have is not VISA but is called petition. They are different.

Thanks Saurabh. After i answered all question i got Drop box option. Now i’ve another question about providing supporting document.

Question: Photocopy of previous I-797 (only if the last visa stamped on the passport and current
petition have a gap of more than one year) (applicable for H1, L1Individual)

which document from following i’ve to provide

I797 Petition extended for 7months (which ends/completed on May 2016)
I797 petition extended for 3 years (upto 2019 based on I140)

You should carry copies of both 797s along w/ the original.

Most likely they would keep the one extended for 3 years as your visa would be stamped for the same duration.

Previous 797 copy is not applicable in your case as your old visa expired in Sep 2015 and you would appear for stamping prior to 1 year expiration i.e. Sep 2016. But no harm in carrying it to the dropbox location.