Want to file H1 VISA from US for my wife who is in India

Dear Sir,

I am working on H1-B VISA in United States from Oct' 2012. I want to file H1 VISA for my wife who is in India right now.

She is pursuing her [b]Masters of Human Resource and Management[/b] from [b]IIT Kharagpur[/b] and her course is ending in May 1st week.

Please guide me on how I can proceed for filing working VISA for her this year.



Ashish Sharma

My advice is to call her on H4 First and then U can find a Sponsor easily in US… Then U can file H1B with COS…

Thanks for your response Rana…

The situation is: She can not come here before may end…and if she comes by that time, I can convert her H4 to H1 in April '2015 which would take almost one and a half year starting from now.

This is the reason I am trying to find a Employer/Sponser for her so that her H1 can be initiated this year only.

Please let me know if you know any credible Consultant company or any Employer whom i can approach.

Thanks in advance.

If she comes after may 2014 and you manage to find an employer for her who files her H1 - her visa will not be processed as CoS which means she can’t work from October 1 2014. Once approved she will need to go back to India, get visa stamp and re-enter on H1.