US State travel while pending H1 extension

I am planning a vacation with my friends to Vegas. However, the only photo-ID that I have is my passport. My I-94 has expired and I have applied for an extension, but haven’t received the confirmation for extension.

Will it be advisable for me to travel with my passport, considering the fact the I would need one for hotel and casino check-ins.

Hotel/Casino needs age proof only not immigration status.

If you are flying, keep the application receipt for the safe side.