URGENT - Query on COS and H1B Processing

I am working for a company ABC in US on L1B and had applied for H1B (with COS) through an employer XYZ in April 2016 which I got in lottery and I am waiting for Approval notice.

Now my queries are:
I am working for a company ABC in US on L1B and had applied for H1B (with COS) through an employer XYZ in April 2016 which I got in lottery and I am waiting for Approval notice.

Now my queries are:

1. I need to go to India asap due to my personal reasons (on vacation or for good), so will it affect my H1B processing?
  2. What if I go back to India after getting my H1B approval but before October 1st, so will it still void my COS as I have moved out of US without changing my status to H1B?
  3. What if my employer XYZ refuses to provide me my H1B Approval Notice (I797), so can I still transfer my H1B using just the Receipt Number I have?
  4. Is my H1B employer XYZ legally supposed to give me i797 approval notice?
  5. If I go back to India now and next year I go for H1B stamping in India so can I hold 2 valid visas at a time (L1b from my current employer and H1B from my new employer whom I will join)?
  6. Can consulate cancel my existing L1B while issuing me H1B?
  1. No impact on H-1 processing, but COS would be abandoned. H-1 when approved would be w/ consular processing

2. COS is not void in this case as long as you return to US before Oct 1. If you return after Oct 1, then you will remain on the visa you show at PoE.

3. Yes, just the receipt number and print out of online status showing it as approved

4. Not mandatory for them to provide you that.

5. You can, but at times they cancel the old visa stamp when approving the new one. It’s officer’s discretion.

6. Yes, see (5)

Thank you so much Saurabh for your expert comments.
I have a couple of questions:

1. So what if I come back to US after October 1st and show them my existing L1B then do I need to file COS again to change my status to approved H1B?
  2. And approved H1B and its approved COS wont make any imapct on my existing L1B if go out of US sometime in mid September and come back on October 9th?
  1. Yes, in future whenever you decide to move to H-1, you will have to file COS or enter US on stamped H-1 visa
  2. No impact on your already approved L-1.