Urgent help required regarding Visitor Visa (B2) for parents.

Hi,

I have completed my MS in US and invited my parents and younger brother for my grad walk. The Grad walk is on 14th Dec 2013. So my father gave intended date of travel as 10th Dec in the DS 160 (B2 Visa). But while booking the VISA slot today, we don’t have any date available till 10th Dec 2013. So we were forced to book the OFC for 9th Dec and Interview on 10th Dec.

I would like to block a ticket for 12th Dec 2013 for my parents, so that they can carry the same copy to interview.

But will it be a problem ? Is the Visa officer going to question about the possibility of immediate travel on 12th ?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Ram,

It should not be a problem. It is just an intended date, not the final plan or anything. If the Visa officer asks, you can explain the same. You can tell the exact scenario. It should not impact anything. Dont worry too much about the small date change. It will be fine !

Congrats on your Graduation !

Thank you very much kumar. I am relieved a bit after reading your reply.

But I still have one doubt. I am not worried about the intended date of travel, I filled in DS 160 form. Instead, I am worrying about the VO’s decision looking at the travel date as 12th or 13th, when they are attending interview on 10th. Does he reject saying you have only 2 or 3 days to travel to USA, considering 14th is my Grad walk ?

It is quite possible to travel right. If visa is approved, you can collect the passport on same day and then travel. As long as your flight schedule is correct and your parents land in US before graduation, you are fine. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-passportcollection.asp