Urgent help!! H4-Extension and Transfer

Hello,

I am working in X company and have valid visa till 2018. I have applied for extension for my dependents(i539 form) and I got the receipt notice and it pending status.

Meanwhile I got offer from Y company and the processed by H1 and H4 transfer and its approved. Now I don’t want to join Y company due to other reason. My Question is

1. is my dependents extension which I applied via X company will be processed by USCIS(till now status show “Case Received”) or they will close the case?

2. If they close the case do I have to apply again for i539 via x company or approved H4 petition from Y company is enough to maintain the status(Provided Y company wont revoke the petition).

Kindly advice and my dependents visa is expiring soon.

1. It will continue to process

2. N/A based on (1)

I assume you are still working for X. The H-4 extensions are moot now as they have already received extended H-4 I-94s through Y.

Thanks for your reply. yes i am still working with X. Could you please clarify the point “The H-4 extensions are moot now as they have already received extended H-4 I-94s through Y.”?

H-4 extensions through X or Y are equal. So if the dependents have extension approved through Y, they are not required to get it through X. As X’s extensions are already in progress, there is no action required but they are moot at this point as dependents can continue to stay in US on the basis of Y’s extension approval.

Thanks for your clear explanation :slight_smile: