Travelling to India on pending H4 extension

My H4 expired August 2020. Filed for extension with my spouses H1B, his got approved and I received the notice on May 5 2020. The biometrics is slated to happen 04/30/21. What are my options as I need to travel to India on emergency. Please help

  1. I get the biometrics done and go to India. Would my case still be processed by USCIS or it will be abandoned
  2. If the case gets abandoned, I would need to schedule a visa appointment (file DS 160 and try for an emergency visa appointment (family separation))
  3. If USCIS still processes and send an approval (I539) can I use that to stamp my visa and how?(drop box)

Please suggest me a way out. Thank you.