Travelling to India on H4 when H1B status awaited.

Hi, currently i am on H4, i applied for H1B this year but still didnt get any update about my selection/rejection. i am planning for trip to india by 2nd week of september and will b back by november. Wanted to know is it safe to travel to India without any confirmation of H1B application’s status?

one more thing i heard that USCIS have saved some applications (those who doesnt get any response yet) which they are going to take in consideration, if the RFE applications gets reject because of lack of required proof, is it true? is it the reason for deley in response from USCIS?