Travel Ban on H1 B- Parent of USA citizen child

Hello All,

I have stuck in India with my wife and USA born child. I have valid Visa stamped on my passport. I was stuck in India more than year, now planning to back to return USA without my child and wife at this moment . does the travel ban will apply on me.

In the below link, nowhere there is a mention of where the US citizen child should be, whether in the US or outside while one of the parent travel to the US under the exemption. So I believe you should be able to travel.

Call the specific embassy to double check.

The Proclamation does not apply to:

  • Any non-U.S. citizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or LPR, provided that the U.S. citizen or LPR child is unmarried and under the age of 21,

Qualifying family members do not need a National Interest Exception or any preapproval from the Embassy or Consulates. travelers should bring proof of relationship when initiating travel to the United States.