Transferring H1 without working for employer


I am working with employer A on L1. If an employer B files an H1 on my behalf with Consular processing and it is approved, then if I get an offer from employer C, can I transfer the H1 to employer C directly without working for B or can C file a new cap exempt petition for me?

C can file a cap-exempt petition for you using B’s petition as reference. B won’t know about it.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the answer. Can my current employer A(with L1) also file a petition or transfer the H1 to their name? Does USCIS have any issues with transferring back the H1 to current employer?

They can also file a petition for you. No issues