Transfer of H1B when Labor is filed by employer A? (Urgent)

Hi Saurabh,

      I am currently working for employer A with valid H1B till 2015. They have filed for GC labor this month.
  1. Is it possible for me to switch company at this point?

  2. will the new employer be able to re-file my GC from start?

  3. My 6 years gets completed in 2015 Jan. So its important that they file GC for me ASAP…

  1. Yes

  2. Yes

  3. Yes, let new employer know about it so that they can start the pre-work quickly. To get 7th year extension, your PERM or I-140 should have been pending for at least 365 days. There is few months of pre-work before the PERM is filed (job advertisement, quiet period etc). So they need to start it now and continue H-1 transfer in parallel. Note that several companies prefer to wait and see your work performance for at least 6-12 months before spending those GC processing dollars on you.

Thank u Saurabh…