Start a company on EAD and work part time

Hello Folks,

My wife recently got her EAD with the recent H4-EAD rule. I am still on my H1-b visa. We intend to start a company. Is it possible for me to work part time under her company and not take any financial gain. I will be part owner of the new company, so i dont need sponsorship and the work will be self employed?


You can provide intellectual support to her as a husband but are not allowed to be on payroll or receive financial benefits. Your wife can engage your services as an expert through a handshake with your H1B sponsoring company but they are the ones who will pay you.