Shall I apply for Fall-2014 or Spring-2015?

Hello, I have been working for a major IT services company for the past 1 year. I plan to go for MS programme. I have to start everything from scratch(preparation, giving GRE, university selection etc) and I intend to give my GRE on December 27th, 2013.

My question is: Can I plan everything and successfully apply for Fall-2014 within the time-frame I have OR Should I be applying for Spring-2015 instead?

Albeit few of my friends suggested that I have enugh time to apply for Fall-2014, I am not sure of it especially after reaading through this post here: [http://redbus2us.com/sample-schedule-fall-2011-when-to-apply-for-ms-or-mba-in-usa-deadlines-international-students-plan/](http://redbus2us.com/sample-schedule-fall-2011-when-to-apply-for-ms-or-mba-in-usa-deadlines-international-students-plan/)

Going by the schedule given in the above link, it's impossible for me to get into a decent college if I apply for Fall-2014. So, Would really appreciate it if you can answer my question. Thanks.

Well, the answer depends on what school do you plan to apply for graduate school. If you do NOT have a specific pick of schools, you should be fine. You just have to start doing the ground work quickly and squeeze in all of the steps in short amout of time. You may miss the deadlines of certain schools, but you will not miss the boat of admission in US schools as many schools will have deadlines in early January or even mid March…

You should be able to make it, you have plenty of time. What you can do is start the application process now and tell the schools that your GRE would be taken on Dec 27th and scores will be reported directly…

First off, thanks a ton for taking the time to revert.

Two things in your reply caught my eye:
…If you do NOT have a specific pick of schools, you should be fine…
…You may miss the deadlines of certain schools, but you will not miss the boat of admission in US schools…

You see, I would definitely like to plan-out things more leisurely and ensure that I get into the best school that I deserve, which I hope to be one in the Top-50. I am afraid I would not be able to satisfy myself by just ‘being in the league’. So, I’ve decided to give my GRE with full prep and give the whole thing my best shot, applying for Spring-2015. I know I am being a little defiant here but I hope it serves me well.

Hoping I am doing the right thing!

Thanks again for the reply, Kumar. Appreciate it.

I think it is the right thing to do. Spring 2015 is not a bad idea. Be aware of one thing, not all schools accept Spring Admissions. Make sure you check with your dream schools on the same… Good Luck !