Selected in lottery but not got the receipt number. What to do.

My name has been selected in US lottery but I have not received any file ID for the same. I am waiting a response since 2 months but have not got any update on this. I have also called USCIS helpline number but have not got any response on them. Could anyone answer how to check the status of my application as I dont have any receipt number.

how did u get to know ur case was selected in lottery w/o receipt no??

Like Keethika asked, how do you know that you have made through the lottery? If you have indeed made through the cap, then your attorney/employer should show urgency and call USCIS ASAP.

Hi, It was informed to me by my Employer. I have asked them to chase on it but they are saying there is no lead time for this and they cannot ask USCIS on this.
They are saying they have got the Acknowledge receipt number but have not got the hard copy for the same and waiting for that.
But still I am having same status.

Hi, It was informed to me by my Employer. I have asked them to chase on it but they are saying there is no lead time for this and they cannot ask USCIS on this.
They are saying they have got the Acknowledge receipt number but have not got the hard copy for the same and waiting for that.
But still I am having same status.

How do they have the receipt number w/o the hard-copy. There are few ways to know the receipt number:

• the hard copy (797C)
  • receipt number at the back of the check which gets encashed
  • someone getting it from USCIS contact center

Your employer seems to be saying he got it from #1 method but didn’t get it from #1. Strange!