Resignation in USA when status is L1 visa

Hi i am on L1 for company A and wanted to resign my job to take care of my newborn.can i resign my job in USA itself or should i go back to india for that? is there any other way to resign in US itself? and my spouse is on H1 for the same company.

You can get your change of status done from L1 to H4 and then resign effective of your h4 start date.