I am on h4 visa.
I have done a 3 year bca degree in india , now I want to study further here in USA.
I have few questions.
I appreciate if any members could answers these.
- As I have done 3 year bachelor degree, I am not eligible for directly doing masters here.
I have to complete bachelor degree here again .I have not done my credit evaluation yet, but I am guessing it will be
somewhere around 80 credits for my bca in india.
what is best path for me further, so that i can use these credits and also avoid doing bachelor degree all over again here ?
- the tuition fees here in USA is very high , easily $18k per year.
I wanted to know what are my options to pay the fees. will i get bank education loans in usa ? will I get any scholarship
- i understand that i may qualify for in-state tuition if i stay in same state for 1 year. but what is advantages of
switching to f1 ?
can i start studying on h4 to save on fees and then switch to f1 to be eligible for opt& cpt ? is it very common for ppl to
do that ?
- I understand that on h4 , we cannot work. but can i do voluntary jobs? on web i saw few ppl say you can do volunteer jobs
and few ppl say you cant. so i am confused.
- If I study at home to increase my IT skillset, and clear interviews, am I eligible for h1 ? i just have BCA degree but no
experience in IT.
6) Any useful advice for me in my case.