query related to L2 EAD and others

Hi ,

I was working on H1 with reputed MNC and after completion of my project travelled back to India

Now I have come back to US on L2 Visa as my husband was working in US.

appreciate if anyone can clarify my doubts below

  • I have my H1 Extension approved however since am on L2 now if i apply for L2 EAD, my H1 Extension will go void?

  • also I have applied sabbatical leave with the MNC ( my employer in India) and travelled to US on L2 visa, Is it illegal to work in US on L2 EAD as an indivisual consultant / freelancer?



An L-2 EAD allows you to work without restriction for any employer anywhere in the United States. If you freelance, make sure proper tax decalarations are made. This is 100% legal. Your H1 extension does not go void, it need not be used as the L-2 EAD gives more flexibility.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu