Query on US Travel

My H1B Visa got stamped to Connecticut in Sep2015. And I am planning to go to California first and then to Connecticut,as my sister is there in California, Can I go like that?

When entering US for the first time, It is recommended to enter through the airport closest to your place of employment. However, I have read about cases where people entered at a different location and then traveled to another location.

Few things to remember:

  • It is nice to have a print out of a connecting flight from CA to CT showing that you plan to join the employer soon after

  • A letter from employer stating they expect you to join them in CT on a specific date. You can enter at most 10 days prior to H-1 commencement date

How long do you plan to stay in CA before leaving for CT?