Query on RFE response and change of company

Hello,

Greetings. This is my first post here. I had traveled on H1B in the June 2016 for a client X with company A. I returned back to India in July 2017 and my visa expired in Sep 2017. I then switched over to company B in 2018 and here they have applied for a H1B extension for a client J. I recently received an RFE sometime in May and have replied back to USCIS. Got an acknowledgement from USCIS on July 8th regarding RFE response receipt. However, I am still awaiting the update on approval/denial as it was filed through regular mode.

My query is that I currently have a job offer on hand with a company C. If I plan to switch over to company C during this time (due to some personal reasons), what is the possibility of applying for a H1B extension in company C given that my RFE response is still pending? Will it affect my chances for a new H1B extension approval? Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Joe

Yes, you can definitely apply with Company C. The other pending one does not matter, each of those are independent. No, it will not have any impact. Every petition is judged independently.

1 Like

Thanks Kumar. I was waiting for the RFE response till date (Sept 12th) and there is no response yet. Had been delaying my joining to company C just because of this. Thanks again!

1 Like