Query on h4 visa with a doctoral degree - Work in US

This is Garima. I have recently moved to Illinois on a H4 visa, with my husband who is on a H1b visa. I have a doctoral degree, but no work experience whatsoever.
I am a part time portrait artist. I wish to do something while I am here.
What are my options here in the states?
Thanks in advance.

Well, unless you are eligible for H4 EAD, you cannot work. You can study for sure. Read H4 Visa page Working Options Section