Petition filing for FY21

Hi

I am selected through lottery as informed by my employer in this year lottery system but as Covid-19 situation getting worse, they are holding up my petition filing.
Just would like to know if they can really do so?
does USCIS allows employer to not to file after lottery selection? Do they fine employer for abusing the system this way?

I don’t think there is any law which forces the employer to file the petition after you got thru the lottery. Its up to the employer if they have second thoughts.

Thanks @Cheraz_Bharucha for the input. Any idea as how 90-days petition filing window works?
As hard copies of petition documents needs to be mail to USCIS center in USA, so the courier should reach USCIS well before 90-days and/or it should get acknowledge by them with receipt number before 90-days expire OR courier-in-transit time does get counted post 30th June?

Many changes this year… First, there is a clause that USCIS will fine employer if not filed after selection… but in predent situations, they may get away …
90 days filing ends on June 30…this year i think they are asking to upload all documents in portal rsther than physical docs… but either way, they need to receive it by deadline… however, it says on their website thst up to two days late is not an issue.

Thanks @pratik1206 for the info. Before putting the query here I did check on USCIS & also on DHS website for any details. Can you point me to the exact link for the fine clause & also acceptance of petition for extended 2-days? Thanking in anticipation!

Hi ,
Anyone got update on the petition of H1b 2021. My name is selected in the lottery but didnt get any further update. Is trump really going to ban H1B this year or these news are just rumours.
Please reply if anyone have any clue whether other IT companies are filling petition for cap 2021.

Kindly check with your employer first if they have filed or not. Ideally they should first get the LCA then file the petition. You can ask for receipt number if they can provide. which company are you from ?
There are people for whom its been getting filed & some are waiting for trump’s decision before processing.
For H1B ban expect news today or by tomorrow as it is going to be 2months post last EO.