PERM shows Certified and expired and I-140 Approved from previous employer

Hi Saurabh,

I got my PERM and I-140 approved on EB-2 with my previous employer A during April 2014. I am with another employer B and would be doing the PERM and priority date porting. I checked in the iCERT labor certification website and it shows as my PERM with Employer A is Certified-Expired but I still have my I-140 showing as Approved in the USCIS website.

So, question to you is, will my priority date still be the same as April 2014?

Another question is, if my current employer B does PERM on EB3 (but previously I had my PERM filed on EB2 with employer A), will I still be able to get my same priority date of April 2014 as I-140 is still in approved status of my previous employer A? Please clarify.

Hi Saurabh,

Can you please answer to my question above? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you should still be able to port the priority date.

Yes, you can get the same PD even though you move from EB-2 to EB-3.

Thanks Saurabh! Also, I should be able to port again with the same priority date when I move from EB3 back to EB2 in the future after I promote to a higher role with the same company or even if I quit the employer and join a new company who will again have to start with a new PERM and again transfer or port I-140 priority date in EB2?

As long as the job is similar, you should be able to port the PD in future as well.