Original documents submitted during VISA interview

Hi Saurabh,

I gave my H1B visa interview on january 2013 and got my passport colleted back from collection centre on march 2013. Along with my passport, they mentioned that my US petitioner do not qualify for H1B program.

I submitted few original documents(3 companies Original Offer Letters) to them. I kept on following up with them (by writing email to us travel docs), now they have closed my case saying that “Once visa is issued/denied, the post does not hold any original documents”.

Do you have any information whether I will be getting them back? If yes, with whon should I folllow it up?

Thanks!

You should contact the consulate (call them) and ask about the original documents. It may be with them or they may have sent it to USCIS.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. I gave my VISA interview in Delhi and I have been trying to check with US consulate through email to support@ustraveldocs.com. Everytime they open a case number and reply after a while saying that “once visa is issued/declined, post does not have original documents anymore”.

I’m frustrated by this reply and I tried to reach their customer care with the following helpline numbers +91-(0)120-6602222 or +91-(0)22-67209400. IVR does not give me an option to make me talk to customer care.

If documents sent to USCIS, how to contact them? Mine was vermont centre…

Thanks!

Usually they are careful w/ the docs but I don’t know what happened here. I don’t know what else you can do to track those documents. Talk to your attorney in US.