OPT expires April 26th, Can i join a university now and still be an H1 holder?

Heya people,

This sorta need a quick one from yall…!! I have been working on OPT as a full time employee and my OPT expires this APRIL 26th. Even though my employer applied for H1 visa for 2015, I am so stressed out thinking what if i dont get scenario. People are saying it may take two weeks or may be 3 three to get a shortlisted email from USCIS. So i am thinking of joining into a local university and my classes start today (APRIL14th). I am pretty sure i can get into classes some how as i know people in the uni. But the problem is if i get H1B approval, will my student status effect the H1B visa?? Can i still continue to be a H1 holder for 2015?? What about cap gap thats been given by my previous university?? If i get H1 and i dont decide to be a student in the new university, will my old uni continue me as a CAP GAP student??

Thanks So much

But the problem is if i get H1B approval, will my student status effect the H1B visa??

> It will not effect H-1 visa. It will continue to be processed (if selected)

Can i still continue to be a H1 holder for 2015?? 

> Yes

What about cap gap thats been given by my previous university??

> If you are enrolled in new school, then you get new F-1 status and SEVIS record will be udpated accordingly. Cap-gap will no longer matter

If i get H1 and i dont decide to be a student in the new university, will my old uni continue me as a CAP GAP student??

> Depends what has happened to your SEVIS record. You will have to check this with your DSO.