Once the petition for H1B extension is received, can the extended VISA stamping be done from USA?

I came to USA in the year 2014 on H1B visa which expired in July 2016. I had applied for an extension to this VISA and obtained the approved petition valid till July 2019. I would like to know if this new VISA stamping for the extended duration (2016 to 2019) can be done from any location in USA or is it mandatory for me to go back to India to get my VISA stamped? Please suggest.

Stamping cannot be done inside US. Stamping is always done at a US consulate or embassy outside US. You can go to CA or MX for stamping, or back home to India for this.