old passport contains Us visa ..with problems

hi sir

i have a passport which is about to wxpire in next six months..this passport has my US H4 visa stamped

as my first name column is blank in dis passport i wanted to correct it as well  as change my address n add spouse name i renewed it

now my new passport has a new passport no with all correct details.

my queston is :

1.As i m traviellinh to US in the next month which passpot number should be written in immigtation form?

2.My Visa name is @@@@@@ fnu

fnu because my old passport dint have the first name

so which name i should write in Immigration form n while booking tickets also which passort no should i write?

Hi Aryashi,

The decision is not by choice. You may only use passport details from that version which has validity for more than 6 months. This means the passport which has H-4 and about to expire is for evidence purposes only and not for recording purposes. All forms must reflect new passport number. Just FYI, post of emigration control in India checks only passport and glances briefly at visa. Post of immigration control in US checks only visa and briefly glances at passport.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado heights University, Denver, CO, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu