No surname in passport. Potential solutions while filing for H4 visa

Hello

Here is my situation. 

In my fiance's passport the surname field is blank and the given name appears as LName MName FName.

Here LName = Last Name, MName = Middle Name and FName = First Name

We are planning to apply for her H4. I know I can fill up the DS-160 with her Last Name=FNU and Given Name=LName MName FName(as in her passport). I believe on her visa they will put her Surname=FName and Given name=LName MName. This could cause problems when she arrives in US and would apply for a driver's license. I faced the same issue during my F1 visa 4 years ago. I had to then alter my name in my passport before my H1 got filed.

I have a few solutions in mind to this issue and would highly appreciate suggestions/advise from this forum:

[b]Solution 1[/b] Alter her name in the passport to make sure LName shows up in the Surname field and FName MName shows up in the given name section. I believe I can submit DS-160 before we submit the passport for name change and then before going for the interview submit a new DS-160 with the altered name. This way we can take the appointment date we want and won't have to wait for the passport to get altered.

[b]Solution 2[/b] Submit DS-160 with the current passport. Go to the visa interview with the marriage certificate. Would the consulate change the name on her visa to Surname = my last name, Given name = Her FName based on the marriage certificate? Or do I need to get a name change (maiden name to post marriage name) done in her passport? How long does the maiden name change take?

[b]Solution 3[/b] Don't do anything before the visa interview. Come to US, get the name change done in the passport. My question here is, would the visa be valid after name change is done in the passport? Can it be used to get additional documents like ITIN, driver's license as the name in the passport would be different from the one in the visa?

Thanks a lot for your patience in reading through my case. Appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

Arun

Dates are opened 2-3 weeks in advance. Once you take the appointment and then file for passport change, are you sure they will process the passport by the time the interview date arrives? Also, I am not 100% sure but do they issue a new passport in such a case (with a reference to old passport).

Why not get the passport corrected first (maybe there is a Tatkal service for this) and then apply for the visa w/ updated name and passport?