NIE approval for L2 dependents

Hi, I was submitted NIE request for Spouse & SON in the last week, till now I have not received any approval. On the submission day, I got the below auto reply message from consulate and I’m not sure whether they will send a separate email with NIE approval. Please suggest.

" Please read this email carefully.

If the answer to your inquiry can be found within this email, you will not receive a separate response. DO NOT SEND DUPLICATE NIE REQUESTS. Submitting a duplicate request will result in significant delays in the review of your National Interest Exception.

Thank you for contacting the Consular Information Unit – National Interest Exception (NIE) Team at the U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad, India.

This inbox is for NIE Inquiries only .

Who is Not Subject to the Presidential Proclamation Travel Restrictions? The President’s April 30, 2021 Proclamation does not affect U.S. citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, or immigrant visa holders traveling to the United States, as well as certain categories of nonimmigrant visa holders. For additional information, please review the information here. Any questions related to those who are not subject to the April 30 Presidential Proclamation should be directed to hydcea@state.gov.

Who Qualifies for a National Interest Exception (NIE)? Exceptions for COVID-19-related Presidential Proclamations may be available for a narrow scope of individuals whose purpose of travel is in the U.S. national interest for economic or national security reasons. These include a limited number of exchange visitors, public health professionals, government officials, crew members, family members of U.S. citizens and residents, those needing medical treatment, humanitarian crises, and individuals traveling to provide vital support for critical infrastructure, including those on petition-based work visas.

How to Request a National Interest Exception (NIE)? Visa holders with definite plans to travel who can demonstrate qualification for a National Interest Exception may only contact the Embassy or Consulate that issued their visa to request a national interest exception prior to travel.

Please note that Customs and Border Protection have final authority on admission eligibility at the port of entry.

Kind Regards,

Consular Information Unit – NIE Team

U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad "

Are you currently in the US and applying NIE for your wife and son based on family separation reason?

Yes, I’m in US and I submitted the request on 06/27.

Wait till end of this week and if you still dont receive then send a follow email to the same email id you submitted the NIE request.

My dependents (spouse and daughter ) are in India have valid L2 visa till Aug 2022 , please let me know which NIE category has to mention while sending email to consulate ?

I have submitted the similar case on 11th July 2021 for my dependents and sent couple of reminders to HYD NIE but they have not responded yet.

Usually I have seen it takes up to 2 weeks. You can follow up after 2 to 3 weeks. Check some experiences in comments at :

Do you qualify for NIE. If yes, please send copy of NIE letter from your employer and request NIE fotr your dependents. Otherwise family separation reason can be provided in the NIE email request.
In case of no response, just keep following up every 3-4 days.