Next steps for H4 221(g) due to NIE after Nov 8th

Hi,
My wife had a visa interview at the US Embassy, New Delhi on 06//2021 for an H4 category visa. She got a 221(g) slip saying her case is PENDING. She needs to provide her husbands NIE. Once she has my NIE, submit both the passport and the NIE to VAC. Unfortunately, I couldn’t obtain NIE, so we didn’t proceed further at that point.

In the light of the travel restriction lift after November 8th, there is no longer a requirement for NIE. The case is still under administrative processing.

We did contact the embassy about it a 25 days ago, however they said it’s still under administrative processing and they will reach out to us. But no one has gotten back to us.

How should we proceed further? Should we just submit the passport to the VAC as we no longer require NIE? Please advice.

You can only submit the passport once you receive email from the consulate to do so. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for now.

You can only submit the passport once you receive email from the consulate to do so. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for now.

I see, thanks for the response. I will update it here if/when I get a response.