I got my H1B visa(I797 and Passport stamped) this year through Employer A. I have not travelled to US on this H1B yet. Now the project for which I was hired by Employer A is on Hold and thus no surety of travel date to US. In meantime, Company B contacted me and are ready to offer a job. Could you please tell me the whether all below are possible options and is there any risk/legal issue with any of the options.
Company B will offer me Job and will file a new petition(Under premium) while I am in India. This will take 2-3 weeks. on receipt of approval notice, I can travel to US on current visa and petition and directly start working for new Employer B.
I can travel to US on Company A’s I 797 and H1B visa. On arrival in US company B will file a petition. I can straight away start working for B based on new petition filing receipt instead of waiting for petition approval.
Company B files a petition while I am in India. After approval, I go for re stamping of passport for new petition. After stamping my visa for company B, I travel to US.
Also, could you please suggest on how many parallel petitions can be there. Ia new petition is approved then would my previous petition will be cancelled?