Need info about y h1 visa stay in US

Hi All,

I just got my H1b stamped which is valid from 1st Oct 2013 to 4th sept 2016…

I have some questions in my mind.May be these have been answered before but still I want to be clear on my visit tu US.

1. When will my visa validity will be calculated from(1st Oct or the day I step in US and till which date)?.

2. I want to study part time MBA there after completion of 1yr in US to be eligible for instate tuition fee.Can I do that?

3. My visa is company sponsored. Can I switch my company before going to US or only after going to US?

Thanks in advance

1. When will my visa validity will be calculated from(1st Oct or the day I step in US and till which date)?.

you get total 6 years so for that your total stay in US will be calculated. Visa validity is till your I94 date

1. I want to study part time MBA there after completion of 1yr in US to be eligible for instate tuition fee.Can I do that?

It all depends on the state and the university. some universities dont accept some do.

1. My visa is company sponsored. Can I switch my company before going to US or only after going to US?

Both can be done

thank you very much for your answer…just one more thing…

Do I need to renew my visa or it is by default valid for 6 years

Renew visa before expiry. Renewal process is very similar to applying new visa same cost and can take 6 months plus.