Need help regarding F1 & H1B queries.

Dear Seniors,

Need your expert guidance on below situation.

Current Situation:- Based in UK would be returning back to India by July 2014.

Long Term Goal   :- To do MBA from US starting Aug 2015 , if it does not work then go by Aug 2016

Short Term Goal  :- To go to US on H1B visa and earn money,which will help fund education.

Concern :-Suppose I get H1b visa by Oct 2014 and go to US , and parallely clear my GMAT and apply to schools in the first round , and if I get acceptance by Jan-15 ,then will have to come back to India by MAR and apply for F1 visa (the reason is I dont want to change my status from H1B to F1), and I cannot go back,since F1 would be in process . In this situation I can be in US for only 5 months from NOV2014 - MAR2015 (because for F1 you need to apply atleast 90-120 days in advance.) Hence ,per me , it won't make much sense to go for such a short-term.

However if my long term goal does not get materialized by Aug 2016 ,because of any reason , then will have to be in india till Aug 2016  and in this situation it would make sense to go to US by Nov2014.

I am in confusion regarding the above two options. Would request you all to clarify.  May be my concept is wrong , kindly guide in that as well.

Thanks,

mjfocus

I am not entirely sure but I think you can study evening classes to upgrade skills while on an H-1B. You of course cannot hold dual employment on H-1B but possibly studying is permitted. I know H-4s are allowed to study. Could this be the best option for you?

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. [www.chu.edu](http://www.chu.edu/)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAM FOR STUDENTS IN ASIA AND AFRICA ANNOUNCED FOR BA AND MBA STREAMS. EMAIL [INTERNATIONAL@CHU.EDU](mailto:INTERNATIONAL@CHU.EDU) FOR SYLLABUS AND ENTRANCE FORM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------