Need Help on 65k USD is enough for family(3people)

Hi,

One company is offering me job in usa, I have approved H1B petition and they are going apply new H1B under cap exemption

salary offered 65k + 5k annual bonus + Insurance + initial Airfare+Accomm (only for me)

I am married and have one kid. I need to bare the airfare and insurance for my wife and kid.

Kindly clarify me the following points.

1) Can i survive and save some money with 65k in GA state ?

2) what are the least insurance plans for my wife and kid ?

3) what are the living expenses for family with 3members  (ie. 1bhk semi furnished, utilities, preschooling for my kid, public transportation cost, grocories etc. mobile bill, internet etc.)?

Thanks

[in2us2013](http://redbus2us.com/qa/user/in2us2013)

Now that question you have asked depends on individual whether you want to save some money ?

1. Can i survive and save some money with 65k in GA state ?

2. what are the least insurance plans for my wife and kid ?

3. what are the living expenses for family with 3members (ie. 1bhk semi furnished, utilities, preschooling for my kid, public transportation cost, grocories etc. mobile bill, internet etc.)?

With 65K and two dependents you will get around $4200 in hand

That depends : Rents are $700-1200 for 1 Bedroom

electric bill and utilities $100-200

groceries $400-500

internet 40-60

mobile - $70-100

public transport $100 per head

healthcare depends and changes widely . you can hold it as $150/head and calculate

To settle it will take you around $1000 plus

Thanks a lot SnonWinter for your response.

Can you please let me know that the following expense is for one time initially?
“To settle it will take you around $1000 plus”

Thanks
in2us2013

When you start in US, you will have to buy furniture, TV etc. Usually all this is one time expense but you may have to buy more in future (upgrade/replace ).